The Petersen’s brick rowhouse was a modest, unassuming residence for the family and their boarders until an evening in April 1865. After Abraham Lincoln was shot at Ford’s Theatre, audience members carried him across the street to a bedroom in the Petersen home, where he died the next morning. The National Park Service has administered the property since 1933. One million visitors tour the site each year. In 2011, Contracting Specialists Incorporated were tasked with accurately and delicately restoring the exterior of the home. Conproco’s mineral silicate system was chosen as the exterior coating. This system allowed CSI to blend repair areas in seamlessly while enhancing the building’s aesthetic, and also offered the benefits of long term water protection.