Lincoln Park West
Salesman William Wrigley, Jr., came to Chicago in 1891 with $32 in his pocket and used free sticks of gum to sell baking powder. Gum proved more lucrative; and the Wrigley chewing gum business was born. After completion of the Wrigley Building in 1924, he began developing Chicago’s Magnificent Mile. 2000 N. Lincoln Park West, was completed by the early 1930s as a residential hotel with 195 units. Failed patches, corroded reinforcing steel, and time had all worn at the stone and brick exterior of the structure. Windowsills, window frames, and ornamental pieces were all in need of restoration.
George A. Kennedy & Associates specified Matrix, a repair mortar formulated to match the color and physical properties of the parent material. With the ability to shave Matrix, sharp edges and architectural designs could be easily recreated. Matrix resists cracking, weathering, and abrasion; making it an ideal repair mortar for the harsh midwestern climate and giving new life to this building’s façade.