Where to use:Replicate glaze on terracotta or fire skin on brick. Apply over Terra-Color to match surrounding undamaged terracotta.
How to apply:Brush or roller applied. Additional Information
- Advanced chemistry provides long lasting protection from weathering.
- Will not yellow or discolor with age.
- Mitigates carbonation of concrete.
- Water vapor permeable.
- Passes ASTM E514.
- Water based technology, low odor, non-flammable.
- Gloss and Matte.
- Remove loose and deteriorated material, laitance, dirt, dust, oil and any surface contaminants that will inhibit proper adhesion.
- If acid washing is used to prepare substrate, neutralize with 1 part ammonia to 3 parts water solution flooded over the surface. Residual acid in the substrate will cause Terracotta Finish to form a milky film instead of a clear finish. If this occurs, the material must be removed.
- Surface must be dry at time of application to allow maximum penetration.
- Protect adjacent areas from overspray.
- Priming is not necessary under normal circumstances.
- Stir container.
- Always apply a test area to determine suitability of application.
- Brush or roll material onto substrate in a uniform 6 mils. coat.
- Brush out ponded material before surrounding area dries.
- 2 coats are recommended for complete protection.
- Allow the first coat to cure 3 – 4 hours @ 72°F; 7 – 8 hours @ 50 – 70°F before applying additional coats.
- Each additional coat of Terracotta Gloss Finish will increase the intensity of gloss.
- Protect from moisture for 24 hours @ 72°F.
- Clean tools, equipment and adjacent areas with water before material dries.
- Actual coverage will vary depending on substrate porosity. Test application should be applied to determine actual coverage, number of applications required and compatibility with substrate.
- Terracotta – 200 – 300 ft.²/gal. MIMIC/Matrix – 150 – 250 ft.²/gal. Brick – 200 – 300 ft.²/gal. Concrete block – 75 – 125 ft.²/gal.
- 1 gallon container.
- 18 months in unopened containers.
- Protect from freezing.
- Transport and store in cool, clean, dry conditions in unopened containers.
- High temperature will reduce shelf life.
- If acid washing is used to clean, substrate must be neutralized with 1 : 3 ammonia/water solution flooded over the surface.
- Do not apply if precipitation is forecast within 24 hours of application.
- Do not apply in strong winds.
- Do not apply to frozen surfaces.
- Do not apply if temperature of substrate is below 45°F.
- Do not apply if ambient temperature is below 45°F.
- Do not apply in areas susceptible to water ponding.
Health and Safety
- Product is alkaline.
- Do not ingest.
- Avoid breathing dust.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- Refer to Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for additional information.
- In case of skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water.
- For eye contact, flush with a high volume of water for at least 15 minutes and contact a medical professional.
- For respiratory problems, remove person to fresh air.
- If respiratory difficulty persists, contact a medical professional.
- Dispose of material in accordance with local, state or federal regulations.