Where to use:Restore surface integrity and strengthen substrate prior to application of coatings or repair materials.
How to apply:Spray, roller or brush applied, water based consolidant, used to stabilize and strengthen concrete, masonry and stone.
- Anti-carbonation Reacts with calcium hydroxide, increases surface density.
- Penetrating treatment Does not form a surface film or inhibit bond of subsequent materials such as coatings or repair mortars.
- Environmentally friendly Water based, low odor, non-flammable.
- Strengthen gain Increases compressive strengths of cement based materials.
- Breathability Water vapor permeable.
- Low viscosity Deep penetration.
- Single component No mixing required.
- Remove loose and deteriorated material, laitance, dirt, dust, oil and any surface contaminants that will inhibit proper penetration.
- Follow the specific surface preparation instruction for the Conproco material to be used.
- Protect glass from overspray.
- Priming is not necessary.
- Stir or shake container.
- Always apply a test area to determine suitability of application.
- For roller applications use a 3/8 – 1/2 inch synthetic nap roller depending on texture of substrate.
- For spray applications use a low pressure or airless sprayer.
- Thoroughly saturate the surface to ensure adequate penetration.
- For horizontal applications apply liberally and brush out to eliminate ponded material.
- Additional coats can be applied when the previous treatment is dry-to-touch.
- No curing procedures are required.
- Allow 12 hours before repair mortar or coating is applied to treated surfaces.
- Clean tools and equipment with water.
- Clean windows with glass cleaner.
- 80 – 150 ft.2 /gal. depending on porosity of treated surface.
- Apply a test sample to determine actual coverage.
- 1 and 5 gallon containers
- Shelf Life
- 18 months in unopened containers.
- Protect from freezing.
- Transport and store in cool, clean, dry conditions in unopened containers.
- High temperature will reduce shelf life
- Do not apply unless substrate and ambient temperature can be maintained at a minimum of 40°F for 8 hours. Refer to ACI Cold Weather Application Guidelines.
- Protect glass from overspray. Clean glass immediately with glass cleaner.
- A white film can develop on dense surfaces or surfaces previously treated with water repellents. Clean immediately with acetic or other mild acid. After 24 – 48 hours it will be necessary to use mechanical abrasion to remove film.
- The effectiveness will vary depending upon the porosity and chemical composition of the substrate. A test application should be performed to determine performance on a specific substrate.
- Always apply a test sample on brick to determine any visibly undesirable effects, e.g. white crystalline film.
- Do not allow material to pond.
Health and Safety
- Product is alkaline.
- Do not ingest.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Refer to Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for additional information.
- In case of skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water.
- In case of eye contact, flush immediately with a high volume of water for at least 15 minutes and contact a medical professional.
- For respiratory problems, remove person to fresh air.
- If respiratory difficulty persists, contact a medical professional.
- Dispose of material in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.