Where to use:Clear penetrating mineral silicate diluent used for creating semi-transparent finishes with M3P.
How to apply:Brush or roller applied combined with M3P. Additional Information
- Anti-carbonation Reacts with calcium hydroxide at surface, mitigating carbonation to n depth of penetration.
- Water repellent Siloxane component provides long-term protection from water and water borne contaminants.
- Non-film forming Will not peel, blister or flake.
- Breathability 97% vapor permeable.
- Stable Unaffected by UV. Fire resistant.
- Environmentally friendly Water based, low odor, low VOC.
- Ease of application Mix with M3P in various ratios to create a mineral stain effect.
- Remove loose and deteriorated material, laitance, dirt, dust, oil and any surface contaminants that will inhibit proper penetration.
- Prepare surface to be sandpaper-like texture (CSP 3) by mechanical abrasion or water blasting. Refer to ICRI Surface Preparation Guide 03732 for information about Concrete Surface Profile (CSP).
- Surface must be dry and frost free.
- New concrete must cure at least 14 days before application.
- Stir or mechanically mix using a low speed drill (400 – 600) until homogenous.
- Box mix pails from different batches when an entire surface is visible.
- For transparent finishes, mix with M3P in ratios of 1:1, 1:2, 1:3, 1:4, etc. The more M3P-X added, the greater transparency in the finish.
- Higher dilution rates require more frequent stirring, be sure to mix/stir often to maintain color consistency.
- Two coats of M3P at selected dilution is required to achieve best results.
- Apply a test sample to determine suitability. Ensure by visual inspection that M3P has penetrated the substrate. Surface must be absorptive for M3P application to be successful.
- Ambient temperature must be above 45°F for the entire curing period.
- For roller applications use a 3/8 – 1/2-inch synthetic nap roller depending on texture of substrate.
- For spray applications use an airless sprayer with a 0.017 – 0.021 tip.
- Work to pre-determined break points in the structure. DO NOT CUT IN!
- Maintain a wet edge while working to each architectural break point.
- A second application of M3P can be applied after the first is dry-to-touch.
- Protect from moisture for 24-48 hours.
- Clean tools and equipment with water. Clean adjacent areas with water before material dries.
- Coverage rates vary considerably from substrate to substrate for all potassium silicate coatings due to surface texture and absorption rates of the masonry being coated. Apply a mockup to determine coverage rates for specific project.
- M3P-X – 150 – 300 ft²/gal.
- Packaging 5 gallon containers. 45 lbs. per unit 1 gallon containers. 9 lbs. per unit
- Shelf Life 18 months in unopened containers.
- Storage Protect from freezing. Transport and store in cool, clean, dry conditions in unopened containers. High temperature will reduce shelf life.
- Do not apply if precipitation is forecast within 24 hours of application.
- Do not apply in strong winds.
- Do not apply to frozen surfaces.
- Do not apply if temperature of substrate is below 45°F.
- Do not apply if ambient temperature is below 45°F. Ambient temperature must stay above 45°F during curing period.
Health and Safety
- Product is alkaline.
- Do not ingest.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- Refer to Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for additional information.
- In case of skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water.
- For eye contact, flush immediately with a high volume of water for at least 15 minutes and contact a medical professional.
- For respiratory problems, remove person to fresh air.
- If respiratory difficulty persists, contact a medical professional.
- Dispose of material in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Technical Data
- Data Bulletin
- Safety Data Sheet
- Technical Bulletin
Physical state & appearance
White – milky liquid
Percent solids by weight
26 KU – paint paddle
Density of liquid coatings
FOR PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY
Conproco warrants this product for one year from the date of manufacture to be free from manufacturing defects and to meet the technical properties on the current technical data sheet if used as directed within shelf life. User determines suitability of product for use and assumes all risks. Buyer's sole remedy shall be limited to the purchase price or replacement of product, exclusive of labor or cost of labor. February 25, 2019.
NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED SHALL APPLY, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CONPROCO CORP SHALL NOT BE LIABLE UPON ANY LEGAL THEORY FOR SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
232 and 230
Mineral silicates chemically react with any substrate containing calcium hydroxide resulting in a surface that is will not peel or blister. Mineral silicates are highly vapor permeable finishes particularly suitable for concrete and masonry structures.
Mineral silicate technology is formulated to be used on concrete and masonry structures because it is highly permeable, durable, color fast, with a natural finish that does not look like paint. M3P is a self-priming system that protects concrete and masonry from water entry, carbonation and other environmental contaminants. M3P is a perfect choice when the goal is to preserve a natural appearance and provide a naturally organic matte finish.
M3P is a paint that can be diluted with M3P-X at various rates to change the opacity of the finish. At a dilution rate of 1:1 and higher M3P is a stain. As a stain, M3P is effective in blending color variations of the substrate to create a more uniform appearance.
Because of its chemistry it is important to perform color matching on the specific substrate that is to receive the product and at the specific dilution rate if any. Conproco maintains two color labs in the US, staffed by personnel who combined have over 100 years of color matching experience to help make the process as fast and foolproof as possible.