Where to use:Enhance appearance and protect vertical and overhead concrete block, stucco, brick, and synthetic stucco.
How to apply:Roller, spray, or brush applied, 100% acrylic waterproof coating. Additional Information
- Weather resistant Long-term protection. Two-coat application passes ASTM E514 for wind driven rain.
- Breathability Water vapor permeable.
- Alkaline stable Formulated for highly alkaline substrates.
- Durable UV stable. Mildew resistant.
- Colorfast Premium quality, exterior grade pigments minimize fading.
- Textures Available in sanded and smooth finishes.
- Extensive color spectrum 38 standard colors and custom matching.
- Remove loose and deteriorated material, laitance, dirt, dust, oil and any surface contaminants that will inhibit proper adhesion.
- Prepare surface to be sandpaper-like texture (CSP 3) by mechanical abrasion or medium water blasting. Refer to ICRI Surface Preparation Guide 03732 for information about Concrete Surface Profile (CSP).
- Surface must be dry and frost free.
- Small voids, air pockets, static cracks up to 1/16 inch and irregularities should be filled with Plastermix.
- Repair larger voids and damaged areas with Conpro Set.
- For cracks greater than 1/16 inch, rout and caulk with a urethane sealant. Refer to SWRI Sealants – The Professionals’ Guide.
- Apply Plastermix to concrete surfaces where a monolithic, void free texture is desired.
- Priming is not necessary under normal circumstances.
- Stir or mechanically mix using a low speed drill (400 – 600) until homogenous.
- Mix pails from different batches when an entire surface is visible.
- Apply a test sample to determine adhesion. Test using ASTM D3359 cross-hatch adhesion procedure.
- Substrate temperature must be above 45°F.
- Ambient temperature must be above 45°F for the entire curing period.
- Roll, spray or brush apply a uniform 8 mils. wet thickness.
- For roller applications use a 1/2 – 3/4 inch synthetic nap roller depending on texture of substrate.
- For spray applications use a Graco 3500, President or Bulldog or equivalent. Refer to Conproco Black Book.
- Spray application must be back rolled for a pin-hole free surface.
- Work to pre-determined break points in the structure.
- Maintain a wet edge.
- Apply a second coat when the first is dry-to-touch.
- Protect from moisture for 24 hours.
- Clean tools and equipment with water. Clean adjacent areas with water before material dries.
- 200 ft.²/gal. @ 8 mils. wet.
- 120 ft.²/gal. @ 8 mils. wet for split block or rough surfaces.
- Packaging 5 gallon containers.
- Shelf Life 18 months in unopened containers.
- Storage Protect from freezing. Transport and store in cool, clean, dry conditions in unopened containers. High temperature will reduce shelf life.
- Do not apply if precipitation is forecast within 24 hours of application.
- Do not apply in strong winds.
- Do not apply to frozen surfaces.
- Do not apply if temperature of substrate is below 45°F.
- Do not apply if ambient temperature is below 45°F.
- Do not apply in areas susceptible to ponding water.
Health and Safety
- Product is alkaline.
- Do not ingest.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- Avoid breathing vapors.
- Refer to Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for additional information.
- In case of skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water.
- For eye contact, flush immediately with a high volume of water for at least 15 minutes and contact a medical professional.
- For respiratory problems, remove person to fresh air.
- If respiratory difficulty persists, contact a medical professional.
- Dispose of material in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.