Wexford Building 90

WexfordBuilding90_PPpho
Project History
The building originally known as Factory 90, was built in 1926, The 474,000 sq. ft. complex consists of reinforced concrete with concrete pedestrian bridges, and is part of the nationally registered Winston-Salem Tobacco Historic District. Current owner Wexford Science + Technology developed the plan to convert the vacant factory space to a modern biotech research center. Once damaged concrete areas were removed to sound substrate, ECB anti-corrosion coating was used on all exposed reinforcing steel. Quick Shot with K-88 Admix was used for shallow horizontal and vertical areas with depths less than 2 inches. Forment, a pump and pour repair mortar, was used for deep repairs. Conpro Set was used for all other repairs. The final coating system consisted of Conpro Lastic elastomeric paint on vertical surfaces and window sills and Color Coat acrylic paint for the undersides of soffits. Both coatings offer excellent water vapor transmission, hiding power, and waterproofing against wind-driven rain and are designed for high-alkaline substrates.

Products
Conpro Set
Quick Shot
K-88 Admix
Forment
ECB
Conpro Lastic
Color Coat
Engineer
Engineered
Concepts, Inc.,
Greensboro, NC
Contractor
Seager
Waterproofing, Inc.,
Greensboro, NC
General Contractor
Whiting-Turner,
North Carolina
Distributor
Metro Sealant,
Kenseal Constr.
Products
Download Profile

Conproco
×