Cannon Memorial Chapel

Previous Image
Next Image

info heading

info content


Project History
The Cannon Memorial Chapel was completed in the fall of 1929, and is constructed of brick, precast concrete and slate. The defining features include cast concrete pinnacles, elaborate cast and molded concrete embellishments and pointed arch windows. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The current restoration involved removing and repairing the parapet stones and pinnacles, installing thru wall flashing and copper caps, addressing corroded rebar, tuck pointing and recaulking windows. Precast stones were removed and cleaned. Repairs were made with Matrix, a low shrinkage, durable repair mortar. Hairline cracks were filled with Injection Grout, a cementitious material formulated for all standard masonry substrates. Prior to stone replacement, deteriorated rebar was repaired or replaced and exposed rebar was coated with ECB, a water-based anti-corrosion coating and priming treatment that allows for 5 days of open time on concrete. ECB prevents against concrete spalling caused by rebar corrosion.

Products
ECB
Matrix
Injection Grout
Owner
University
of Richmond,
Richmond, VA

Specifier
Gale
Associates, Inc.,
Herndon, VA

Contractor
Richmond
Primoid, Inc.,
Richmond, VA
Distributor
Metro Sealant,
Ashland, VA
Download Profile

Conproco
×