29 W 57th

Previous Image
Next Image

info heading

info content



Project History
In the 1920s, the American Piano Company opened a new building amongst its rivals along 57th Street. While small and elegant in stature, the building packed a design punch. Along the roof line of the new building were huge replicas of the Imperial Cross of Napoleon III’s Legion of Honor, which were awarded at the Paris Exposition of 1867. When a neighboring building was demolished, exposing an unattractive shared wall, it was time for a restoration. The entire building was pressure washed to remove flaking paint. The “party wall”, which had been attached to the original brick with un-reinforced stucco, was removed. To restore the integrity of the brick exterior wall, Structural Skin was applied over wire lath. This created a uniform, waterproof surface. Conpro Point 5 was applied over the existing paint to improve adhesion, in order to prime the surface for a new coating. Conpro Lastic elastomeric coating was used on the entire building. This coating offers protection from carbonation, water and contaminant entry.
Products
Conpro Lastic
Structural Skin
Conpro Point 5

Contractor
Bellet Construction Co., Inc.,
New York, NY

Engineer
Epstein Engineering, P.C.,
New York, NY

Distributor
Garvin Brown
Construction Products,
Long Island City, NY

Download Profile

Conproco
×